Summer Work Program
Spend your summer working and traveling in Germany! The German Department’s Summer Work Program (SWP) is your ticket to improving your German language skills, building your resume and professional network, and discovering Europe!
For over 60 years, SWP has opened up academic and professional opportunities for countless Princeton undergraduates. As the oldest and largest international internship program of its kind at the University, SWP takes learning beyond the classroom by connecting Princeton undergraduates with internships in German-speaking countries. In conjunction with the Princeton Alumni Association of Germany, SWP places first-, second-, and third-year students in internships with leading German companies and institutions in the Arts, Education & Culture, STEM & COS, Business & Finance, Government, Policy & Non-Profits, Medicine, and Law. Our summer internships have been located throughout Germany, in cities such as Berlin, Bamberg, Cologne, Darmstadt, Düsseldorf, Essen, Frankfurt, Freiburg, Hamburg, Heidelberg, Mainz, Munich, Stuttgart, Wiesbaden, and Weimar.
SWP works closely with a number of partner organizations, fellowship programs, and the PAA of Germany network to match students with internship hosts. Many internships are tailored to students’ specific academic and professional interests, and SWP also supports student-initiated opportunities.
Our Internships Offer:
- Meaningful, challenging work and research experience in a wide range of fields
- Language immersion in social and professional contexts
- Flexible hours and weekends free to travel throughout Europe
- Invitation to annual Princeton Alumni Association of Germany summer event
- International insurance coverage through the University
- Grants of up to $1000 to reimburse transatlantic travel costs
- Financial and administrative assistance for immigration fees
Interested? Visit our How to Apply page.